Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Light Hawaiian Banana Bread

I really enjoyed this banana bread but wished I made 2 loafs because this one recipe makes 1 loaf and it was all gone .. before it even cooled!!! SHEESH people!!! hahaha I didn't even get a chance to take a picture of it. 




Light Hawaiian Banana Bread 
(Joy in my Kitchen) http://joyinmykitchen.blogspot.com/2009/11/light-hawaiian-banana-bread.html

3/4 C sugar (I used 1/2 sugar and 1/4 brown sugar)
1 T butter (unsalted)
1/3 C applesauce
3 mashed bananas (about 1 C)
1 egg + 1 egg white
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 C flour*
1/4 tsp. salt (I didn’t use salt)
1 tsp. baking soda
This recipe yields one loaf!
I unfortunately don’t have the after picture of the bread because we ate it so fast!!
I really enjoyed this recipe a lot! So did my friends and family. It is very light, moist, and very delicious!!!!! Definitely a keeper!
I think the next time I bake this I will add some chocolate chips for some fun!!!
Steps:
1. Cream together sugar, butter, and applesauce. Then, blendin the bananas, eggs, and vanilla.
2. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda. Fold into the banana bread mixture until just combined.
3. Then, pour into a grease 9x5 loaf pan or try cupcake pans. I greased my pan with the spray oil.
4. Sprinkle the top with coarse sugar, if desired.
5. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Tips from Joy!:
Allow to cool for ~5 minutes in the bread pan, and then remove to cool on a wire rack.
You can use 1 C whole wheat, 3/4C white flour.
To have a crunch top on your bread.. wrap the bottom of your loaf in tinfoil, partially up to the top, but leave the top exposed to the air to maintain the crunch.
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment